Working at Olney Friends School
Thank you for your interest in employment at Olney Friends School. We welcome letters of interest and resumes year-round, and we keep applications on file for consideration in filling current and future job openings. Please send your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment at Olney most often consists of a primary job and a variable selection of other jobs that round out full employment at the school, on the basis of interest, skills, and needs of the school. These ancillary jobs may include:
– Teaching some classes
– Being a rotating dorm sponsor
– Leading a sport or art class
– Assisting in the kitchen, farm, and/or building and grounds
– Being a student advisor
– Being a class sponsor
– Covering periodic evening and weekend duty
– Participating in weekly faculty meeting, community meeting, and meeting for worship
– Participating in weekday morning Collection, family-style lunch, and special events
– Helping out with special school events such as Homecoming, open houses, and Commencement
All employees at Olney Friends School must pass a back-ground check and complete an application form as conditions of employment. Additionally, all faculty members must become certified in first aid and CPR and become mandatory abuser reporters. If eligible, all faculty are asked to become certified to drive school vehicles with students.
Olney Friends School is a highly collaborative work environment that relies heavily on group process and the inclusion of students as much in possible in decision-making and the accomplishment of tasks. Great emphasis is placed on the Quaker values of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, equality, and stewardship.
If you are interested in applying for any position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Current Job Openings
Seeking someone who can work independently and carefully to provide housekeeping services for our boarding school and guest house. This includes cleaning restrooms, floors, windows, woodwork, etc. as well as laundering guest house linens and making beds. Hours are flexible but may require some weekend duty depending upon guest house use.
Approximately 32 hours per week.
Olney Friends School (OFS), a college prep boarding school with a diverse population of 9-12 grade students, invites applications for the position of School Nurse beginning in August 2018.
Olney takes a developmental approach to adolescent primary care. Health services at OFS include monitoring students’ daily health needs and administering medications, covering athletic events, coordinating emergency care, and transporting students to off-campus appointments through our established health professional referral network. Olney has a three-bed infirmary and a collaborative health services team that includes the School Nurse, School Counselor, Dean of Students, and Office Manager.
The School Nurse is a 36-week administrative faculty position reporting to the Dean of Students.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews student health forms required annually and for admission;
- Provides primary care to OFS students throughout the academic year;
- Communicates with parents about student health issues, as needed and in compliance with HIPAA and other applicable regulations;
- Identifies needs, schedules appointments, and drives students to local medical care providers;
- Participates in the development and maintenance of complete, accurate, and timely electronic medical records;
- Coordinates medical team meetings and works in collaboration with other dorm staff members and the school counselor;
- Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students;
- Prioritizes preventive services, including school-wide initiatives;
- Consults with and supports the administration in identifying and implementing school-wide policies related to student health;
- Ensures first-aid bags are prepared with appropriate supplies and medications for trips;
- Evaluates and maintains adequate supplies in the nursing office and infirmary;
- Shares on-call responsibilities in the dorm.
Required Education and Experience:
- RN or BSN with current license in the state of Ohio
- Be able to prioritize and provide professional nursing care
- Experience in a secondary school setting a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Have the ability to make independent judgments
- Attention to detail
Olney Friends School is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory boarding and day school offering individualized instruction in small class settings for grades 9-12.
The Main Office is staffed seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. till about 10:00 p.m. when school is in session. The administrator on call is available for emergencies 24 hours a day during the school year at 740-359-4015.