How Do I Know if Olney is Right for Me?
Choosing the right high school can be a major decision for teenagers and their parents, especially if that decision involves the person leaving home for nine months each year. We understand how difficult this decision can be, so we have provided some questions that may help you determine if Olney is the type of place you could see yourself thriving.
– Are you passionate about learning new skills, ideas, theories or hobbies?
– Does the idea of studying and living in a genuine international learning community sound exciting?
– Would you like to gain independent living skills?
– Are you interested in the outdoors, environmental stewardship, agriculture or organic living?
– Is being better prepared for college, both socially and academically, important to you?
– Would you perform better in a comfortable, open academic setting that allows for authentic communication and self-expression?
– Are you a creative person with big ideas and big dreams?
– Do you find the typical school schedule and teaching methods boring or restrictive?
– Would you find it helpful having access to supportive, passionate teachers throughout the day and even on the weekend?
– Are you interested in technology, videography, photography, social media, web development or graphic design?
– Do you consider yourself a spiritual person?
– Are you comfortable sharing a room with one or two of your peers?
– Would you enjoy having three healthy meal options per day, many of which contain items grown or raised on our own campus farm?
– Are you interested in language, literature, philosophy, religion, history or creative writing?
– Is developing close friendships and connections that could last a lifetime important to you?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, then we welcome you to continue your journey and find out more about what Olney has to offer!
Olney Friends School is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory boarding and day school offering individualized instruction in small class settings for grades 9-12.
The Main Office is staffed seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. till about 10:00 p.m. when school is in session. The administrator on call is available for emergencies 24 hours a day during the school year at 740-359-4015.